Followers

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Father Foirgive Them



Luke 23: 34
Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing." And they divided up his clothes by casting lots.

Devotional
I was thinking today of someone in my life who has treated me very poorly and who has chosen to hold bitterness and unforgiveness in their heart towards me. I sometimes wonder if this unforgiveness will keep them out of heaven.  The bible says in Mathew 6:15 “But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.” (Jesus’ words).  When I think of this possibility, I am quickly led to pray for them, father forgive them for they do not what they are doing, have mercy on them for the way they have treated me. Please Lord; do not send them to hell for eternity because of their unforgivness towards me. It is a mystery that only God has the answer to and only he can be the final judge of who will enter heaven and who will not. If God will not forgive someone for their sins as this scripture says, then it is possible they will not enter heaven, God is the final judge, and it’s my responsibility to pray for them.

No comments: