Followers

Sunday, May 9, 2010

God Will Not Listen

God's Closed Ears

Psalms 66:17-18
I cried out to him with my mouth; his praise was on my tongue. If I had cherished sin in my heart,
the Lord would not have listened.

2 Chronicles 7:14
If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

Devotional
This is an important lesson to remember! If there is sin in our life, our prayers will be hindered. Genuine repentance, (recognizing our sin, and turning from it), will allow our prayers to be heard by God.  When we continue to live in sin, it hinders the effectiveness of our prayers.  Take a good look at our scriptures and see if you agree. Examine your own life, is there known sin that you have not yet turned from, this sin will prevent your prayers from being heard by God. God is a loving God and will hear us if we turn from our sin. Don’t allow sin in your life keep you from the blessings of God.

No comments: