Followers

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Gossip

Proverbs 20:19
A gossip betrays a confidence; so avoid a man who talks too much.
Romans 1:29
They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips.


Devotional
Gossiping: This is slanderous, idle, harmful or casual talk about another.
When I am talking to someone, I am always very careful to not talk about another person’s life. I also am very careful to not share too many things about my own life with too many people, unless I am totally sure that I can trust them to not spread what I share around to others.  I am very cautious with my words. The Holy Spirit will help us in this area if we stay tuned into His promptings when we are interacting with others. If you realize that you have a tendency to gossip then choose to stop it. If you are interacting with people who gossip, choose not to participate.

No comments: