Followers

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Undying Love

Today's scripture

Ephesians 6:24
Grace to all who love our Lord Jesus Christ with an undying love.

Devotional
This verse really opened my eyes to a truth about interacting with people in love. Although the verse is directed at loving Christ with an undying love, it also applies to our relations with others. What does it mean to love one another unconditionally or with an undying love?  It means that my love for others is not based on how they treat me.  I never could grasp that concept before; being able to love someone without having “conditions” attached to that love. For example, if people did not treat me properly, I would not be able to express my love towards them, because I was angry or feeling rejected or perhaps disappointed. My love was based on how they treated me. But because deep inside, I knew I truly loved them, I was able to learn how to express my love, even while I was still angry and upset with them, that is unconditional love. My love for others is an undying love, regaurdless of how I am treated by them. There is a great devotional on forgiveness at Prayer for Youth, please take time today to read it as well.

No comments: